Welcome to the first full episode of Ready for Retirement, we are so happy to have you join us here as we share some great and simple strategies for making retirement that much easier and enjoyable!
A big part of doing this has to do with tax and that is our focus today. If you can optimize your taxation situation you can alleviate a lot of unnecessary strain on your finances and so we are providing you with four easy ways to reduce tax.
These are easy ways to help you keep more of your income, which is ultimately the goal. This list is not exhaustive and there are definitely others too but these four are approachable and common enough to start with!
We talk about maxing your social security benefit to make the most of it when you do collect it, important considerations for asset location, looking beyond investment dividends, and reducing IRMAA surcharges. All of these measures can help you retain more of your resources and maintain the type of lifestyle you hope for as you enter an important part of your life.
Join us for this accessible and informative exploration, today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Maximizing your social security benefit and figuring out the benefits of delayed filing.
- Pay attention to your asset location; tax-efficient investments in taxable accounts!
- Focussing on more than just dividends; other considerations to take into account.
- Reducing IRMAA surcharges; considering your modified adjusted gross income.
- You do not need to reduce your lifestyle, but think about when and how you take your income.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Connect with James Conole: